Solar Construction Estimator, Promise Energy
Promise Energy, a renewable energy developer, is looking for a Solar Construction Estimator who is able to effectively design and estimate projects. Responsibilities include thoughtfully designing project solutions based on predetermined scope requirements, researching, and pricing scope nuances based on local requirements. This individual will be responsible for keeping up to speed on the ever changing material and labor pricing options and details required to stay relevant in the renewable energy space. This person will be responsible for analyzing post construction labor and material costs compared to the expected budget pricing and use this data to drive future estimating decisions.
The Solar Construction Estimator will also be responsible to create cost estimates for Solar EPC construction projects using a variety of factors. This role will report directly to the VP of Project Development and will work closely with both the Sales and Project Management teams. Prior to mobilization, the Solar Construction Estimator will assist the Construction Manager in gathering and validating pricing information for BOS takeoffs. Finally, the Solar Construction Estimator will prepare cost proposal document inclusion and exclusions based on company standards and project specific requirements and must be capable and confident enough to hold an eloquent discussion with our clients to explain and demonstrate our value of our installation proposals.
- Accurately perform quantity survey and quantity takeoff for all scopes of work.
- Review of RFP or SOW to determine requirements for material and labor, and preparation of itemized lists.
- Compute cost factors and preparing estimates, organize, and schedule work; prepare bids; selecting Vendors or Subcontractors.
- Determining cost effectiveness of varying solutions based on unique project characteristics/requirements.
- Assist with research to establish accurate hourly productivity rates or other related cost data.
- Consult with Subcontractors, Vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates, and resolve issues.
- Assist with analyzing completed projects, comparing the estimated costs to actual costs, and determining reasons for any
- Provide improvement recommendations to estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Perform research-identifying trends in the market that lead to cost reductions and improved processes.
- Great interpersonal skills
- In addition to understanding Solar Photovoltaics, an understanding of solar thermal principles and project details is a HUGE plus
Position Location: Los Angeles
Salary: Dependent on experience
Company Website/Where to Apply: email@example.com